- The Dukes of Hazzard
- Jay Chandrasekhar
- Johnny Knoxville, Seann William Scott, Jessica Simpson, Burt Reynolds, Willie Nelson, David Koechner, Lynda Carter, Joe Don Baker, Kevin Heffernan, Jay Chandrasekhar
- 106 min.
Assorted thoughts on the Dukes of Hazzard movie:
1) Lynda Carter is still hotter than Jessica Simpson.
2) Joe Don Baker is still Mitchell.
3) Moderation seems an unlikely keyword for a Dukes of Hazzard movie, but it is pretty sparing with the laughs and thrills.
4) Johnny Knoxville will never be as cool as we remember him.
5) But, Jesus, it could be worse: Look at Steve-O. (Not that we ever thought Steve-O was cool)
6) The Devil's Rejects possessing the only other one, this has the second best Southern Rock soundtrack of the summer.
7) The floors at Pavillion are somehow slippery without even being wet.
8) It is essentially the preview, plus two scenes each of the guys from Super Troopers.
9) For some reason the enemy driver pretends he is Ben Stiller in Dodgeball.
10) By far, the best part of the movie is that, over the closing credits, they show the actual results of the car stunts, minus the trick editing. Things break.
11) You know how when actors screw up a line they make funny noises and everyone laughs? Watching Jessica Simpson do this over the closing credits is the three most unpleasant seconds you will spend. In your life.
12) There will never be a better Dukes of Hazzard movie.
- Pat Jackson